Anita Carey has died at the age of 75.
The actress passed away last month after a battle with breast cancer. She was arguably best remembered for her role as Vivien March on Doctors. Her first diagnosis had been made in 2010.
Anita gained notoriety in the 1970s by participating in several British TV shows, such as The History of Mr. Polly and The Spoils of War.
The Beryl’s Lot actor was cast as Brenda Summers, a domestic violence victim befriended by Emily Bishop, in four episodes of Coronation Street in 1978.
In 1996, she would take on a larger role in the ITV soap opera as Joyce Smedley, the mother of longtime Cobbles resident Judy Mallett.
In 1997, Joyce was tragically died when she was struck by a car while walking her dog.
While Anita joined the cast of Doctors in 2007, just two years after appearing as a guest on the daytime drama for one episode, she would go on to snag what would become one of her most significant roles during the ensuing decade.
She took on the role of Mill receptionist Vivien March this time, who quickly rose to fame in the series.
Anita won the Best Female Dramatic Performance prize at the British Soap Awards in 2009 for her portrayal of Vivien, who was at the center of a significant rape storyline that garnered critical praise.
That very year, Anita left Doctors.
Along with Casualty, Where The Heart Is, and Midsomer Murders, the actress also made appearances in Heartbeat in two distinct roles.
Following the news of her passing, fans immediately paid tribute to Anita, with one writing: “Devastated to learn of the Passing of Anita Carey. played Vivien among other roles in @BBCDoctors… She was adored in Doctors. Anita, rest in peace.
“Thoughts are with Anita’s Friends and Family during this trying time,”
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together
- Emmerdale star has secretly welcomed the birth of her second child