In forthcoming scenes on Emmerdale, Cathy Hope (Gabrielle Dowling) is going to be diagnosed with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). However, this diagnosis only makes her angry when she finds out.
Cathy discovered that she could have PMDD after experiencing severe mood swings and heavy periods. In later episodes, she will get an official diagnosis.
She is first relieved by this, but is disappointed to learn that the therapy only focuses on symptom management rather than complete recovery.
Cathy is furious and distraught when she gets home after her checkup, and Bob (Tony Audenshaw) is taken aback when erratic Cathy says she wants to find a treatment for her PMDD so that her symptoms completely disappear.
Cathy won’t give up on finding a cure, despite Bob, Wendy (Susan Cookson), and Bernice (Samantha Giles) attempts to reason with her.
Later, as Cathy’s emotions get the better of her, she lashes out and throws a garden ornament through the B&B window, just missing Manpreet (Rebecca Sarker).
Terrified Wendy attempts to step in, but an uncontrollably irrational Cathy pushes her to the ground instead.
A discomfort in Bob’s chest stops him from running to aid, and Manpreet quickly checks him out.
Wendy tells Cathy to leave her dad, who is battling after a heart attack, but Cathy is afraid to see him.
Cathy, upset, cuts her hand in the disturbance and flees, bleeding.
Liam Cavanagh (Jonny McPherson) finds her quickly and offers to examine her wound.
She grudgingly consents to his treatment and quickly expresses gratitude for his willingness to listen to her problems, even if he may later regret intervening when she makes snap judgements.
- Coronation Street resident quizzed by police over knife crime in new spoiler video
- Emmerdale spoiler videos confirm devastating news as major return sends shockwaves through the village
- Emmerdale spoilers: Ruby and Caleb Milligan hatch evil plot to destroy Tracy Robinson
- Coronation Street’s Bethany Platt reels as major character is struck by a car and left to die before her very eyes
- Coronation Street spoilers: Exit drama confirmed for Evelyn and Cassie Plummer leaving Tyrone Dobbs in turmoil