In advance of her comeback to television acting this fall, Charley Webb, a star of Emmerdale, has spoken of her eagerness to take on a completely new role.
With her new role in Quiz, the actress will go from acting on television to stage work.
James Graham’s piece depicts the tale of Diana and Charles Ingram, who tried to rig ITV’s Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by coughing to represent the right response.
In 2020, the tale was also depicted in an ITV drama with Sian Clifford and Matthew MacFadyen as Diana and Charles and Michael Sheen as program host Chris Tarrant, who astounded everyone with his legendary performance.
Charley, who will perform on stage for the first time as Diana, shared the news of her casting on Instagram.
‘I’ve been so pleased to reveal this,’ she wrote. As Diana Ingram in the amazing James Graham play Quiz, I’ll be making my theatrical debut.
“We’re opening in @chichesterft on Friday, September 22, and we’ll be touring for nine weeks to some incredible theaters,” the statement reads. both anxious and thrilled. in my bio, a link. Who is arriving?”
The expansion of Charley’s acting career outside of her Debbie Dingle character on Emmerdale is something she is embracing.
When Charley left the show in 2021, there were rumors that she wouldn’t be coming back. A “source” reportedly told the media that Charley was “closing the door on Emmerdale for good and won’t be going back.”
Charley will play a police officer in ITV’s The Long Shadow, which chronicles the life of The Yorkshire Ripper, also known as Peter Sutcliffe, later this year.
Additionally, she is wed to Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe). Buster, Bowie, and Ace, the couple’s three kids, who were born in 2018, keep her extremely busy. The pair were married in 2018.
- Coronation Street resident quizzed by police over knife crime in new spoiler video
- Emmerdale spoiler videos confirm devastating news as major return sends shockwaves through the village
- Emmerdale spoilers: Ruby and Caleb Milligan hatch evil plot to destroy Tracy Robinson
- Coronation Street’s Bethany Platt reels as major character is struck by a car and left to die before her very eyes
- Coronation Street spoilers: Exit drama confirmed for Evelyn and Cassie Plummer leaving Tyrone Dobbs in turmoil