Before returning to Coronation Street, Lucy Fallon has reconnected with a co-star, and the fans are over the moon.
Recently, it was revealed that Lucy, who has portrayed Bethany Platt since 2015, would return to Corrie after leaving the show in 2020.
Colson Smith, who portrays copper Craig Tinker, and Lucy posed for a cute Instagram photo before to Lucy’s homecoming.
For co-star Tina O’Brien’s 40th birthday party, the two dressed up and smiled at the camera while holding drinks.
‘Look what the cat dragged in…’ Colson wrote alongside the post.
Fans and friends alike flocked to the comments section to express their opinions. Ellie Leach, who starred as Faye Windass in the previous Corrie series, said, “My faves,” along with many love heart emojis.
A supporter commented with the heart eyes emoji, “Super excited to see what happens on the cobbles with you two.”
Another person wrote, “Iconic,” while a third added, “The best duo!”
In a recent interview, Lucy said she was “not happy” with a Coronation Street plot in which Craig proposed to Faye in an embarrassing setting.
She expressed her displeasure that Craig had moved on from Bethany and made a commitment to return so she could “knock Faye out.”
Viewers may recall that Bethany and Craig dated for a brief while in 2017 but remained close friends even after their breakup.
Could Craig and Bethany have a passionate reunion now that Faye has left the picture?
- Coronation Street resident quizzed by police over knife crime in new spoiler video
- Emmerdale spoiler videos confirm devastating news as major return sends shockwaves through the village
- Emmerdale spoilers: Ruby and Caleb Milligan hatch evil plot to destroy Tracy Robinson
- Coronation Street’s Bethany Platt reels as major character is struck by a car and left to die before her very eyes
- Coronation Street spoilers: Exit drama confirmed for Evelyn and Cassie Plummer leaving Tyrone Dobbs in turmoil
- Emmerdale actor lands huge Hollywood role just two years after soap exit