Following news that actor Matthew Wolfenden has left his job after 17 years, Emmerdale fans are still in shock.
Over the past two decades, the actor who plays David Metcalfe has been at the center of some of the ITV soap opera’s most major plots, albeit he has appeared much less recently.
In fact, it’s said that the 43-year-old celebrity is leaving the TV soap opera because there aren’t enough “gritty” themes.
According to a source, “Matthew has had a fantastic time on the soap, but feels ready for a change.” He wants to explore what else is available because he hasn’t recently been receiving any tough narratives.
Since the news first emerged on Saturday, August 19, fans have been absorbing it. Although his most recent social media post was five weeks ago, Matthew has yet to address or confirm his departure.
He posed with his 7-year-old son Bowie for the picture, which he posted on Instagram.
Before concluding the heartfelt tweet with a heart emoji, the Emmerdale actor said, “Mini me.”
David’s departure from Emmerdale is presently unknown, however a source for The Sun speculated that the character would be killed off.
He has just recently announced his departure, therefore the scriptwriters are still planning his on-screen leave, the source claimed.
It’s probable that David will die.
The protagonist in David’s most significant plot battled testicular cancer.
The grooming of his son Jacob Gallagher (Joe-Warren Plant) by his girlfriend Maya Stepney (Louisa Clein) was revealed to him in 2019.
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together
- Emmerdale star has secretly welcomed the birth of her second child