Future episodes of Coronation Street feature angry locals who realize changes are afoot at the Rovers Return Pub.
Jenny (Sally Ann Matthews), who has operated the bar alone since her breakup with Johnny (Richard Hawley), is presently the owner. Staff members Daisy (Charlotte Jordan), Sean (Antony Cotton), Glenda (Jodie Prenger), and Gemma (Dolly-Rose Campbell) assist Jenny, who has been running the business for a time.
Coming up, it seems the continuous housing crisis is having a significant effect on the bar, as Jenny informs Owen (Ben Hull) that the establishment is having financial difficulties.
Businessman Owen believes Jenny should just sell up, but Jenny makes it obvious that’s not an option.
Stephen (Todd Boyce), who overhears the talk, suggests that she decrease the portion sizes of the food and drink rather than altering the pricing. Jenny tests this theory out, but when there is a loud crash from the kitchen and the lights go out, things goes horribly wrong.
Jenny then informs Daisy and Glenda that she is raising the price of the bar and the room rental per Stephen’s recommendation. The consumers are utterly displeased with the price increases, and the workers are equally astonished when they learn she is reducing their shifts.
After an unsuccessful effort to host a darts night, Jenny discovers several locals playing darts in Ed’s (Trevor Michael Georges) garden that evening.
Jenny informs Daisy that, given the state of business, they have little option but to permanently down the bar in the coming weeks.
Is this really it?
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together