In Coronation Street, Roy Cropper (David Neilson) will shortly move in with Evelyn Plummer (Maureen Lipman), which might provide the toughest challenge of his career…
Ah, we are aware.
A few months ago, after receiving a letter describing how much Evelyn meant to Roy, it became clear that she could want to be more than just friends.
The letter was written by Roy before his heart surgery. He handed Evelyn a stack of them and instructed her to deliver the envelopes to Roy’s closest loved ones in case he couldn’t make it.
Evelyn didn’t waste any time in finding the one with her name on it and gently opened it by holding it over a sizzling kettle.
Evelyn made the decision to go to the hospital after Roy’s surgery in order to express her feelings for her buddy.
But when Evelyn arrived, she discovered Yasmeen (Shelley King), which set off a difficult few weeks that tried Evelyn’s feelings—most notably, her envy.
There is no denying Roy and Evelyn’s tight relationship. Roy has been there for Evelyn in recent weeks, helping her with her daughter Cassie (Claire Sweeney), who is in recovery from drug addiction.
Roy is very much looking forward to welcoming Evelyn into the café apartment next week, and he is doing so out of support.
Roy recognises right away that she’s not the easiest guest as she settles in, but will they find anything in common?
And where will things end up if they do?
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together