In recent EastEnders scenes, Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace) opened out to adolescent mother Lily (Lillia Turner) as the 13-year-old struggled to deal with Charli’s weeping.
Lily saw her family’s offers of assistance as criticism of her parenting and stormed out of the room as they provided advice on how to comfort the wailing baby.
Having quickly located Lily in the kitchen, Kat was able to identify the source of her concerns.
Lily was obviously having to deal with Theo Hawthorne’s (William Ellis) stalking, and she held herself responsible for his initial entrance into their life.
She expressed regret about the fact that Stacey (Lacey Turner) wouldn’t have needed to go on Secret Cam in the first place if she hadn’t been pregnant and shared how she felt unable to express any uncertainty over Charli for fear of upsetting her mother.
She quickly said that she didn’t think she could be the mother Charli deserved since she was too young, but Kat was quick to correct her by sharing her own experience with daughter Zoe.
Kat stated that her parents had raised Zoe, whom she had given birth to at the age of 13, as her sister since they didn’t think she was ready to be a mother at such a young age.
However, Kat expressed her sorrow at hearing Zoe refer to Viv Slater as her mother instead of her and that it had taken her 17 years to finally tell Zoe the truth and treat her like a genuine mother.
She continued by admitting that she had been mistaken in believing that her parents would be correct in believing she wouldn’t be a good enough mother, and she made a promise to Lily that no one would be able to love or care for Charli more than she could.
Kat’s words of support appeared to have reassured Lily, but things were about to take a dramatic turn as the police showed up in front of the Slater home.
When Lily learned that Theo had assaulted Stacey, she was even more shocked to find that her cousin Freddie (Bobby Brazier) had been detained on suspicion of attempted murder.
Will Lily still hold herself responsible for how badly things have turned out?
- Emmerdale spoilers: Desperate April Windsor begs Gus Malcolms as Rhona Goskirk’s life hangs in the balance
- Emmerdale’s Tom King to commit physical, emotional and tech abuse against wife Belle Dingle in horrific campaign
- Emmerdale icon Dean Andrews ‘happy to be awake’ after surgery for mystery ailment
- Emmerdale spoilers: Cain Dingle unexpectedly attacked in Ruby and Caleb Milligan fight
- Coronation Street spoilers: Daisy takes ‘spiteful’ revenge on gutted Bethany – and Daniel is furious
- ‘F****n’ exhausted!’ Sue Cleaver knackered in new role away from Coronation Street