In forthcoming Emmerdale episodes, Matthew Wolfenden’s character David Metcalfe enters the dating scene, but it’s clear that he believes his heart belongs to someone else.
Victoria (Isabel Hodgins) is that person. David’s feelings for his ex began to reemerge in recent weeks. Unaware of Victoria’s true feelings, he was persuaded that this was a sign that they were destined to be together forever.
Victoria was considering her thoughts for Jacob (Joe-Warren Plant) while David arranged a romantic dinner. In a strange turn of events, it became clear that they liked one another, and Jacob’s close call at The Hide inspired him to be open about his thoughts.
Sadly, Victoria informed Jacob that their relationship will never work due of her past with David. Although Jacob claimed to be happy with her choice, it was obvious that he would much prefer have Vic as a partner than a simple friend.
In later episodes of the program, David hesitantly messages a match on a dating app with the help of Pollard (Chris Chittell) and Jacob.
Will he, however, be successful?
Is he prepared to proceed?
Just a few weeks prior to David’s departure from the Dales, these scenes will appear.
Recently, Matthew Wolfenden told Metro.co.uk that his character won’t be killed off but would probably leave with his heart shattered.
What I can say is that I’m not going to die, which is excellent, he said.
If I don’t pass away, David could return in a few years. The friendship David has with Jacob and Victoria is a major factor in why he ultimately decides to leave the town.
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together
- Emmerdale star has secretly welcomed the birth of her second child