As Mary (Louise Jameson) divulges a startling truth, it seems Rhona Goskirk (Zoe Henry) isn’t the only one dealing with the feelings around Ivy’s birth in Emmerdale.
We are aware that Rhona is baby Ivy’s biological mother, but this was only made possible by the theft of her stored embryos by her ex-partner Gus (Alan McKenna), in order to enable his wife Lucy to conceive.
Lucy passed quite soon after Ivy was born, which put Rhona in a difficult situation where she wanted to see her daughter but was often confronted with ethical and legal issues related to the relationship.
Next, Mary makes the decision to assist Gus with Ivy, but she is worried when a call from the funeral directors emphasizes even more how difficult it is for him to handle things.
Rhona discovers Mary sneaking out of the house to see Gus and Ivy when she gets back home.
Rhona confronts her, eager for her mother to provide any updates on the little child.
Mary tells Rhona how little Gus is suffering and goes back to his home, thinking it’s for the best.
Mary discovers that Gus is at his very breaking point when she arrives, however.
Later, when Mary comes home with Gus and Ivy in tow, Rhona’s mouth drops.
After a restless night, Ivy’s weeping makes breakfast challenging the next morning.
While Rhona makes an effort to maintain harmony, it’s obvious that Marlon (Mark Charnock) is impatient with the new residents of the home.
But since that Rhona is aware that Gus is struggling, what will she do next?
Is she able to make Gus and Marlon happy?
- Coronation Street resident quizzed by police over knife crime in new spoiler video
- Emmerdale spoiler videos confirm devastating news as major return sends shockwaves through the village
- Emmerdale spoilers: Ruby and Caleb Milligan hatch evil plot to destroy Tracy Robinson
- Coronation Street’s Bethany Platt reels as major character is struck by a car and left to die before her very eyes
- Coronation Street spoilers: Exit drama confirmed for Evelyn and Cassie Plummer leaving Tyrone Dobbs in turmoil