The Marlon Dingle star is currently enjoying some time away in Italy
Marlon Dingle, one of Emmerdale’s most beloved characters, is portrayed by Mark Charnock.
Mark Charnock, an Emmerdale actor best known for playing Marlon Dingle on the ITV soap opera, has taken a break from shooting and is now vacationing outside of the UK.
One of Emmerdale’s longest-running actors, Mark, has played the character of Marlon for 27 years. Marlon has recently struggled as he works through his rehabilitation after suffering a stroke last year.
Along with more recently helping his closest buddy Paddy through a mental health crisis, Mark has had a hectic few months as he has been deeply involved in the current drama in the Dales.
The 54-year-old actor has taken a step back to enjoy a much-needed holiday as he heads out to Italy, and he has released a number of photos from his trip so far to keep fans back home updated on his adventures.
Mark posted a gallery of gorgeous images along with the caption, “Bologna/Parma picture dump. Amazing people, cuisine, and locations. Now without a doubt, Bologna is my favourite Italian city.
Naturally, it didn’t take long for the soap icon to get a barrage of good wishes in the comments section. Alison wrote: “Have a fab time!” while Victoria added: “Lovely place, I absolutely LOVE Italy!” Added Donna, “How great! Your images are wonderful, and Angie said, “These are stunning photos!”
Emmerdale airs on ITV and ITVX at 7.30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Why you must need Truck Accident Attorneys
- ‘I am deceased’: Charlotte Jordan tears up over Corrie fan’s very surprising gesture
- ITV Coronation Street character accused of deadly crime as they’re questioned by police
- ITV Coronation Street’s Dylan Wilson thanks ‘mentor’ and co-star after update about real-life twin
- Coronation Street star Keith Duffy ‘splits’ from wife after 25 years together